Melgisorb Plus absorbs large amounts of wound exudate. When absorbing, the alginate fibres form a soft moist gel, giving a moist environment conducive to wound healing. The gel can easily be removed by irrigating with 0.9% saline.
Melgisob Plus is soft and pliable and conformable and can be cut to shape. Melgisorb Plus is non-sensitising and is intended for a wide range of wounds, both infected and noninfected.
Choose from configurations for flat wounds or cavity wounds.
- Excellent absorption to manage high levels of exudate
- Retains fluids to limit maceration of the wound
- Non-adherent to the wound site or surrounding skin
- Soft, comfortable and conformable to the body
- High wet strength to allow removal in one piece
Further product information
When to use Melgisorb Plus
Melgisorb® Plus is intended for a wide range of moderately to heavily exuding wounds, both infected and non-infected wounds. These may include pressure sores, venous and arterial ulcers, diabetic ulcers, donor sites, post-operative wounds and dermal lesions and other external wounds inflicted by trauma.