Mepilex Border Flex
Mepilex® Border Flex with proprietary Flex Technology is an all-in-one wound dressing with improved conformability and stays in place - even in motion! It manages exudate containing bacteria, trapping it in a more effective way. It is designed to treat a wide range of exuding chronic and acute wounds 1 such as diabetic foot ulcers, venous leg ulcers, pressure ulcers, skin tears, and traumatic wounds.
Proprietary Flex Technology enables 360-degree stretch, thanks to patent-pending Y-cuts in its retention and spreading layers. It conforms to the body – even difficult-to-dress locations – and stays where needed for longer, compared to other dressings 2 3 4 .
With over 40% more superabsorbent fibres than Mepilex® Border, the retention layer manages both normal and viscous exudate while locking fluid away so the dressing can continue to work 5. Fluid handling capacity tests prove that Mepilex Border Flex outperforms other all-in-one dressings by as much as 125% 6 .
The highly breathable backing film features the new Exudate Progress Monitor – a dot pattern that allows you to easily track and record fluid as it spreads, without disturbing the wound 7. These dot counts can be recorded and shared between nurse visits or shifts, potentially avoiding excess dressing changes.
All combined, the five-layer construction is designed to absorb, channel, and trap exudate containing bacteria away from the wound bed and prevent re-entry, even under compression 8.
- Proprietary Flex Technology for improved stay-on-ability and conformability
- Improved exudate management with bacteria trapping properties 9 10 8
- Safetac wound contact layer for less pain during dressing changes 11 12 13 14
- Easy three-part application for more accurate placement and reduced waste
- Track and record exudate progress for better dressing-use efficiency
- Stays in place better than other foam dressings – up to 7 days*
* on knees and elbows compared to other square dressings